Thursday, January 22, 2009

Obama Being President and What it Means

Now I know this has nothing to do with electronics and also has nothing to do with Canada directly, but it is a very important topic and I wanted to give my thoughts about it.

During President elect Obama's inauguration into presidency, I heard many people say "what is the big deal? He hasn't done anything yet", and that got me thinking. So i took a couple of days together my thought and see how I could put this together in a couple of paragraphs (although there is allot more that can be said) and this is what I came up with.
Au contraire to what many people who are making those comments think, I think that this was and is still a big deal because not only is this history in the making, but Mr. Obama's presidency represents a change in the way people now think. Even if the 44th president does not accomplish as many changes as he has promised, he has proven that world has changed, the way people look at the United States has changed, and finally the United States people have grown in their beliefs.

So whats the big deal people say? Well for one, he is the first black president of the United States, and that show that the people of the US are ready for growth and change. Secondly, He has brought hope to the people around the world who are struggling with racial and political conflicts for years. Finally, he has changed the image of the whole country, being being the leader and by having strong moral beliefs.

These are my thoughts on this topic. Congratulations to the President and I hope that people around the world can appreciate this progress in humanity.

2 comments:

  1. I feel much the same, even though the new President will not impact greatly on New Zealand, he will impact very greatly on America if he does just a fraction of what he intends to do. I wish him luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Point well made. He's the image of hope and that in itself is an impetus for change, giving all of us pause, allowing us to think, "What if..." and try something we thought impossible. It may be that he's just another figurehead in the form of POTUS, constricted by the usual two-party political system in the U.S. but if he can get elected the "leader of the free world," then the rest of us can make the world the better place.

    ReplyDelete